Want to add more lean protein and essential nutrients, like niacin, vitamin B12, phosphorus, selenium, and potassium, to your diet? Hoping to accomplish this on a shoestring budget? If so, tilapia is a fish you will want to pick up at your local supermarket. Tilapia packs 26 grams of protein and a slim 128 calories in a 3-ounce fillet. Not to mention, multi-serving packages of tilapia can be purchased for just a few dollars, making it way easier on the wallet than salmon and other fresh seafood.
This Easy Baked Tilapia recipe from Spend with Pennies takes a basic fillet of tilapia (or cod, which has a similar taste and texture) and makes it extra-flavorful, with panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and just a bit of butter. Not to mention, the entire dish comes together in 15 minutes. Try it at home, and you’ll see just how simple, tasty and versatile this recipe really is!
• 4 filets of white fish, such as cod or tilapia
• ½ lemon
• 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
For the topping
• ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon parsley
• 1 teaspoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Rinse tilapia filets, pat dry and place on a pan sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Drizzle with butter. Squeeze lemon juice over the filets. Top with the Panko mixture.
5. Cook 15 minutes or just until cooked through and fish is flaky. If you want the top to be extra crispy, broil the fish for the last minute of cooking.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Axiom HUB 121 Apartments in McKinney, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!