Thanksgiving is known for its decadent meals, delightful desserts, and, in some cases, copious amounts of wine. Needless to say, in the days following the year’s biggest meal, you might be looking for a simple way to fast-track your return to your normal healthy diet.
One such way is to consume detox beverages and meals, which are designed to help your body flush out toxins and alcohol in a natural, healthy way. The only problem with detox programs? They can be extreme – and, not to mention, expensive! Go the more affordable route with this simple Detox Smoothie, which can be made at home with a handful of healthy foods found in any supermarket.
• 1 cup raw coconut water or filtered water, plus more as needed
• 1 medium green apple, skin on, cored and diced
• 1 small raw red beet, peeled and diced (grated for conventional blenders)
• 1 cup of frozen strawberries
• 1 cup frozen pineapple
• 1/2 small avocado, pitted and peeled
• 1 cup baby spinach
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1/4 cup frozen raw broccoli
• 1/8 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1. Throw all of the ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Axiom HUB 121 Apartments in McKinney, Texas.