Breakfast burritos are a delicious way to start your morning! Filled with flavorful ingredients and a stunning avocado-tomato salsa, this version of the Mexican classic is an unforgettable recipe you’ll want to make every morning. Try it the next time you’re in the mood for a filling and delicious meal!
For the Avocado-Tomato Salsa:
• 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
• 1/2 cup diced seeded tomatoes, from 1 to 2 tomatoes
• 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon each ground cumin and chopped cilantro
For the Burritos:
• 4 large eggs
• 1/4 teaspoon each smoked paprika and salt
• 1/2 pound spicy sausage, removed from casings
• 1-1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 4 (10-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
• Vegetable oil
1. Make the salsa by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the smoked paprika and salt. Set aside.
3. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned. Transfer sausage from the pan to a plate, leaving the drippings. Reduce heat to low. Add eggs and scramble until just cooked through. Transfer the eggs to a plate. Clean the pan.
4. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the avocado-salsa onto each tortilla, followed by a quarter of the sausage, a quarter of the eggs, and 1/3 cup cheese. Fold in the sides of the tortilla over the filling and roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
5. Coat the pan with oil and set over medium heat. Cook burritos, covered, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden, a few minutes more. Serve warm.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Axiom HUB 121 Apartments in McKinney, Texas.