Avocados may be a trendy food item, but the hype surrounding the fruit isn’t all for naught. For many years, health experts have understood the benefits of a diet rich in avocados, which are packed with many nutrients, healthy fats, and fiber. Though technically a high-fat food, avocados are so healthy, they can actually promote weight loss. This is because their water content and dietary fiber help you feel full, which in turn discourages overeating.
Wondering what else avocados can do for you? Eating plenty of avocados can help you...
• Lower LDL cholesterol: Avocados contain no cholesterol can help get “bad” cholesterol under control, thanks to their unsaturated fats and phytosterols, or cholesterol-lowering compounds.
• Boost heart health: The fats and fiber found in avocados may help lower your risk of cardiovascular disease.
• Promote eye, skin, and bone health: Avocados have plenty of phytochemicals like carotenoids and phytosterols, which reduce oxidative and inflammatory stress.
• Help your body better absorb nutrients: The unsaturated fat in avocados helps your body better absorb vitamins A, D, K, and E, while the vitamin C helps your body absorb iron and Vitamin D.
• Improve digestion: Fiber helps keep you fuller longer and pectin supports a healthy gut. Avocados are rich in both!
• Manage weight and glucose levels: Though further research is needed, one study found that people replacing carbs with avocados feel more satisfied after eating and have better glucose control.
The one thing that you should never sacrifice is your health and well-being. Check out Axiom HUB 121 Apartments in McKinney, Texas latest roster of recipes, recommendations, and more that can enhance your lifestyle and make you feel unstoppable!